- 11 December 2013Suriname seismic completed
Germany’s RWE Dea has completed a 3D seismic acquisition programme in Licence Block 52 offshore Suriname.
- 11 December 2013Salamander moves into Malaysia
Salamander Energy has signed a Production Sharing Contract (PSC) for Block PM322 in the Melaka Straits on the Malaysian side of the Central Sumatra Basin, offshore the west coast Peninsular Malaysia.
- 10 December 2013MRC snaps up Euro pair
MRC Global, a US equipment supplier to the oil and gas industry, has agreed deals to buy two companies in Europe.
- 10 December 2013Dana lands North Sea trio
Dana Petroleum has been awarded three new blocks in the UK North Sea.
- 9 December 2013CNOOC Africa duster
State-owned China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) has drilled a dry hole on its deepwater Horse prospect offshore Congo-Brazzaville, according to partner Oryx Petroleum.
- 9 December 2013Second producer for Blackbird
Nexen has been given the green light by the UK Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) to drill a second production well on the Blackbird field.
- 6 December 2013Trinity spuds Trinidad well
Trinity E&P has today started drilling on the El Dorado exploration prospect offshore Trinidad & Tobago.
- 6 December 2013Max’s Kazakh success
Max Petroleum’s SAGW-12 appraisal well on its Sagiz West field, Kazakhstan, has encountered oil.