- 17 May 2013DualEx gets Tunisia extension
DualEx says the Hydrocarbon Committee in Tunisia has formally approved a one-year extension to the initial term of the Bouhajla Permit, which will now expire at the end of April 2014.
- 17 May 2013Uzbek exploration deal struck
Tethys Petroleum has signed a Protocol of Intent with the Uzbek State oil and gas company, Uzbekneftegaz for exploration work on the Bayterek block in the North Ustyurt Basin of Northern Uzbekistan.
- 17 May 2013NZ O&G grabs new stake
New Zealand Oil & Gas (NZ O&G) has acquired a 50% interest in PEP 52717 (Clipper) from Beach Petroleum (NZ).
- 16 May 2013Max hits Kazakh pay dirt
Max Petroleum has encountered hydrocarbons with the ZMA-E6 development well on its Zhana Makat field in Block E, Kazakhstan.
- 16 May 2013Northern gets Netherland offer
AIM-listed Northern Petroleum has secured a Letter of Intent from a buyer for its eight licences in the Netherlands.
- 16 May 2013Prysmian bags US cable gig
Prysmian Group has won a contract worth more than US $100m to supply and install underwater cables for existing ExxonMobil operations offshore the USA.
- 15 May 2013Argentina Petrobras bids
Operators in Argentina have tabled offers to acquire some assets that Brazil’s Petrobras has put up for sale in Argentina, said Petrobras’ president Maria das Gracas Foster.
- 15 May 2013GDF Suez’s Uruguay win
France’s GDF Suez has won a US $1.
- 15 May 2013Lundin gets Sverdrup permit
Sweden’s Lundin Petroleum has secured a permit to drill an exploration well at the Torvastad prospect in the northern part of the Johan Sverdrup discovery offshore Norway.